Tuscon Contempt of Court Attorney

Being held in contempt of court indicates that you are in violation of a court order. If you are being held in contempt of court or want to hold your ex-spouse in contempt of the Tucson courts for violating a family law order, the Tucson family lawyer can help.

A person can be held in contempt of court for violating any type of family law court order whether the violation is intentional or not. The failure to make spousal support or child support payments will get you in trouble with the courts. By failing to hand over property or assets to an ex-spouse, you risk tax audits, possession of funds, and other heavy-handed actions on the part of the judge.

Legal action is sometimes necessary to force cooperation of court orders. Judges deal especially harshly with matters involving children. If you fail to pay your child support on time, you could lose your driver’s license, face jail time, or a number of other consequences.

Sometimes clients need assistance in receiving a property or title transfer. In these cases the judge can transfer title without the other party’s cooperation.

It is important for clients to understand that the court can help them and that they should not take matters into their own hands. Sometimes parents will withhold visitation rights from an unpaying party; this could hurt your case and is also illegal.

If you are being held in contempt of court or would like to speak to an attorney about the steps to enforcing your divorce court orders, contact the Tucson family lawyer today.